Katrina offers Electrotherapy in her suite of rehabilitation support services. It is a form of electrical muscle stimulation. A specifically designed machine is connected to the body to provide electrical stimulation. The machine is set to varying currents and frequency which are altered to suit the condition being treated.
This form of treatment is safe and has been used to successfully treat a wide range of conditions, including:
- improving range of joint movement and mobility
- improving motor control
- retarding muscle atrophy
- Improving local blood flow
- aiding tissue repair
- treating oedema
- improving peripheral blood flow
Electrotherapy also is used for:
- relaxation of muscle spasms,
- management of chronic and acute pain,
- Stimulating homeostatic acu-reflex points.