“When diet is wrong medicine is of no use, When diet is correct medicine is of no need” Ayurvedic Proverb
What is Naturopathy?
Naturopathy is a system of medicine based founded on the most time tested principle “vis medicatrix naturae” – The Healing Power of Nature. Naturopathy is a holistic system, meaning that a Naturopath aims to find the cause of disease. Disease is seen as indicators of improper functioning of the body or the body not at homeostasis (normal functioning state of health). The goal of a Naturopath is to restore the body back to homeostasis.
A Naturopath treat’s the whole person. This means all aspects of your life are considered including:
- Family History,
- Stress Levels,
- Mental and Emotional well being,
There are 5 key areas of focus in Naturopathy:
1. Address the underlying cause of the illness and disease – not just treat the symptoms,
2. Supporting the body’s own healing abilities,
4. Empowering people to make lifestyle changes necessary for the best possible health,
5. Educating patients.
What will happen at my consultation?
For you initial consultation allow up to 1 ½ hours.
A very thorough history will be taken including questions regarding:
• Your diet, (bringing a food diary with you. Outlining everything that you have eaten and had to drink over a period of at least three days),
• Environmental exposures,
• Family History,
So what is next…..?
Katrina offers iris analysis routinely as part of the suite of diagnostic services. She adds the benefit of a digital iris scope camera. Your clinical images are saved and are a ready reference point to monitor and document progress.
Another important tool is Blood Analysis (Live and Coagulated) a small sample of blood is taken (similar to a diabetes check) the blood sample is then placed under a microscope for analysis. Blood analysis is a very important in clinic tool for giving a very good “snap shot” into the overall health of your body and to pin point organs that are under stress.
The suite of diagnostic aids at Katrina’s disposal is rounded out by:
• urine testing,
• in-house heavy metal test kits,
• in-house food sensitivity test kits,
• Live & coagulated blood analysis (in clinic) see link on blood analysis for more information,
• Zinc tally testing,
• hair mineral analysis (a lab test),
• Access to other Laboratory tests as required.
Katrina’s goal is to assist you to reach YOUR “Maximum Health Potential”
The Naturopath emphasizes the prevention of disease. By assessing your individual risk factors including, heredity (genetic) susceptibility to disease and making appropriate diet and lifestyle alterations your state of health will improve. .
Prevention really is worth a pound of cure.
Being supported and guided to making positive diet and lifestyle changes will have a positive impact upon your health.